1. Online submissions only.
2. All submitted projects must have completion date of 2018 and later. Projects completed before 2018 is not eligible for entry.
3. By submitting you agree that you have read and understood the aforementioned Festival Description, Award Categories and Rules herein.
4. You agree and confirm that you are fully authorized to make a submission to the Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival.
5. Once a project is submitted, fees are not refundable.
6. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
7. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
8. ‘Submission’ , ‘Semi-Finalist’, and/or ‘Finalist’ designation of a film does not mean a project will be screened during the festival event date. Only “Winners”, determined by our jury will be screened.
9. No premier status is required.
10. Multiple entries are allowed but separate entries are to be submitted for each film.
11. We treat all submissions with confidentiality. We will not screen, download your film or make it available online without your explicit permission.
12. Our venue, Landmark Cinemas, requires DCP version for screenings. DCP’s must be available 20 days before the event date.
*(If required, DCP conversion is offered as a service for a small fee).
*To create DCP’s in house, .mov/mp4 files at 24fps format must be made available for download. Digital Download are required as back up.
13. It is the responsibility of the submitter/ producer/filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that are used in the film.
14. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival and it’s affiliates; Directors Cut Film Society and/or Mya Studios Inc. is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (virtual and/or tangible) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, critique, or screening of any submitted film(s).
15. Directors Cut Film Festival reserves the right to add/change/cancel Categories, Awards, Event date(s) and/or Venue(s), due to circumstances beyond our control.
16. Any costs related to travel/accommodation, mail and/or digital downloads incurred by filmmakers or representatives of participating films are not the responsibility of Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival or it’s officials.
17. All decisions by official(s) at Directors Cut Film Festival is final.