*Until the Covid 19 pandemic is officially deemed to be over worldwide by the World Health Organization, our event is virtual and online at: https://xerb.tv/channel/directorscut/virtual-events
1. Online submissions only.
2. All submitted projects must have completion date of 2021 and later. Projects completed before 2021 is not eligible for entry.
3. By submitting you agree that you have read and understood the aforementioned Festival Description, Award Categories and Rules herein.
4. You agree and confirm that you are fully authorized to make a submission to the Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival.
5. Once a project is submitted, fees are not refundable.
6. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival reserves the right to disqualify any submission without refund of submission fees.
7. All non-English language films must be subtitled in English.
8. ‘Submission’ , ‘Semi-Finalist’, and/or ‘Finalist’ designation of a film does not mean a project will be screened and/or streamed during the scheduled festival event. A curated selection of films determined to be “Finalists” and/or “Winners” will be screened during the scheduled festival date(s) of the current season.
9. No premier status is required.
10. Multiple entries are allowed but separate entries are to be submitted for each film.
11. We treat all submissions with confidentiality. We will not screen, download your film or make it available online without your explicit permission.
12. -For Live Screenings; Our venue, Landmark Cinemas will requires a DCP format. DCP’s must be available 20 days before the event date(s).
(If required, DCP transfers is offered as a service for a small fee). To create DCP’s in house, .mov/mp4 files must be in 24fps.
-For Streaming; 1080p digital download will be required.
13. It is the responsibility of the submitter/ producer/filmmaker to secure authorization for any copyrighted material that are used in the film.
14. Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival and it’s affiliates; Directors Cut Film Society and/or Mya Studios Inc. is held harmless from any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, and expenses (virtual and/or tangible) which may be incurred by reason of any claim involving copyright, trademark, credits, publicity, critique, or screening of any submitted film(s).
15. Directors Cut Film Festival reserves the right to add/change/cancel Categories, Awards, Event date(s) and/or Venue(s), and Screenings/Streaming due to circumstances beyond our control.
16. Any costs related to travel/accommodation, mail and/or digital downloads incurred by filmmakers or representatives of participating films are not the responsibility of Directors Cut Int’l Film Festival or it’s officials.
17. All decisions by official(s) at Directors Cut Film Festival is final.
18. At present, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, live screenings are cancelled until further notice.